Sunday, May 17, 2009

Think of all the epileptic dogs

We kicked off the Summer season at Red Rocks last night with Flight of the Conchords! It was a really great show, and way more fun than the show we saw last year at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House. Before FOC hit the stage last night, I was able to recreate our experience from that show.





This one had much better lighting, and of course the experience of Red Rocks! Plus, an acoustic performance by Iron & Wine and some hilarious stand up from Arj Barker.

Being all awkward and unsure is part of the FOC shtick, but the show at the Ellie was all "Oooh, this is going really bad" awkward. This time they were much more assured, so when Bret messed up the beginning of "Most Beautiful Girl in the Room" he calmly said "OH shit! I've just fucked that up!" But seriously, they really seemed on, and put on a great show.

We got to see them do a number I haven't seen on the show yet, about an awkward meeting in a park between a man and a woman. The woman remembers meeting him, but the guy can't quite place where that was? At a party? I got a little crappy cell phone video:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Linked In Badge

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers

    About Me

    I'm a tech geek who soaks up information like a sponge. I like the usual geeky stuff like comics, movies, sci fi, computers and video games.